5 Absolutely Toxic Wildlings You Must Know About

toxic Animals

Venomous creatures come in all shapes and sizes and here are few of the deadliest ones!


This jellyfish is widely regarded as the most poisonous animal in the world. It floats in the waters surrounding Asia and Australia and is so transparent that it is nearly invisible if you are not looking for it. The tentacles of the box jellyfish produce nematocysts. Once the toxin reaches the blood, blood pressure increases. This can lead to a heart attack, and ultimately death. If stung by one of these jellyfish, do not apply ice or heat. If you have some vinegar, try soaking the wound site for half an hour while you drive to the nearest hospital for aid.


Cobras have a reputation for deadliness, and for good reason. They are typically found in the jungles of India and China. They are recognisable by their wide hoods and are able to spit their toxins. The toxin is immensely painful, and once it enters the blood stream, it can cause death within a very short time. Seven ml of venom from this animal is enough to kill an elephant—or twenty human beings.


This cone-shaped snail shell contains a creature which can deliver one seriously dangerous venom. Mild symptoms may include pain, inflammation, numbness, and tingling. If you get a high dose of venom, you will experience vision loss, respiratory failure, and muscle paralysis—and eventually death. There is no anti-venom available, so there is no way to treat the victim. Because of this, the marbled cone snail is rated as one of the most dangerous animals in the world.

Also Read: Bhutan: The Land of Thunder Dragon


This tiny octopus is about the size of a golf ball and is thought to be quite nearly the most venomous animal in the sea. Blue-ringed octopi make their homes around Australia, Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Papua, New Guinea. The venom from this animal can cause blindness, nausea, paralysis and respiratory failure, as well as death.


This venomous fish, which disguises itself with its camouflaged appearance and can easily blend in with rocks on the seabed. Usually, the stonefish is found lurking above the Tropic of Capricorn. The spines on the fish’s back carry a toxin that can cause swelling, necrosis of tissue, paralysis, shock, and ultimately death. While the toxin is treatable, treatment must take place immediately. Being as that is generally challenging or impossible when one takes in a toxin while swimming along the ocean floor, the stonefish is quite deadly. If possible, the victim should immerse the wound site in hot water while travelling to the nearest hospital.

You may also like